Tuesday, April 15, 2008

This Doesn't Help...

Once again, I've got a ton of catching up to do. And, for those of you who don't know, I am back in the U S of A.

I was just parusing Ben's blog since he's still living the dream and... well, I'm not at the moment. I'm thinking I shouldn't read his blog for a bit... it just convinces me that I made the wrong decision. After trekking to base camp on Mt. Everest, he is back in Bangkok just in time for the water festival!!!

Right now it is Songkran, the Thai new year. Also known as the Water Festival, it consists of drenching every person with buckets of water, nailing them with super soakers, or lobbing water baloons around. It is literally impossible to stay dry if you go outside. The tempurature here is brutally hot, so the water feels great, but it makes it dangerous for me to bring my camera out. I saw some people with good bags around thiers, screwed into the lens filter, and may try that today with the camera on an auto mode. The festival goes on until the 15th, and I dont leave until the 18th, so I may zip out to one of the surrounding towns for a few days at the end.

Life was so much easier over there... I've had hassle after hassle since I've been back. But, I'm focused. And I AM going back out to embrace that HUGE, CRAZY WORLD. Flights are set. Now is the time to save some moola, get the right gear and get rid of EVERYTHING else... and I mean EVERYTHING!!

No comments: