Friday, May 9, 2008

Renaissance Woman


I finally caught up with my friend Dustin through the phone last night. You know, the filmmaker/screenwriter who put together the video just below. Long, thoughtful phone conversations with him were a favorite hobby of mine before I left. Dustin is an excellent listener and an even better thinker and challenger. In our discussion, we hit upon the quote in Shantaram that seemed to completely throw my head into chaos. "Interested in everything, committed to nothing." Ever since, I've been desperately trying to explore why those words affected me so much. Dustin solved that with two words: Renaissance Woman. He told me my unwavering interest in all things new is simply an attribute of people of renaissance.

Renaissance woman
. It has a nice ring to it. I'm sticking with it... ; )

2 comments:

female impersonator said...

That's funny, I am reading Shantaram at the moment, and the same thing hit me off my orbit this morning.

(and that's how I found your blog)

Great goal you have.

Laura said...

Well, just think of yourself as Renaissance then! It threw me off for a while, but now I'm okay with it!

Awesome profile pick by the way!