Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Get To Know Luis...

...a little better. For you family and friends out there concerned about the people I might be staying with, here´s a clue: check out Luis´s old blog about when he just up and left his cozy life to go help war-torn Israel/Palestine for 3 weeks. I have so much admiration for what he did! If you go to the blog... be sure to start with the last post in the August archives and go from there so everything will make sense. I´ve copied one post below. I like this post because I feel like I understand exactly what is going through his mind here. Even though this is a part of his past... feel free to leave him comments or ask him questions!

I've been thinking a lot (as usual) and I reached to the marvelous conclusion that, maybe (and just maybe) this "going to Israel thing" is after nothing more than my Ivory Tower...To abdicate of all my priorities, give up of all my objectives in pursuit of a greater good... achieve a higher level, complete my noble task. Maybe because I have always been a bit of a "selfish pig" during all my life, I feel the necessity of once in my lifetime to forget about my name, my personality, my aims, my thoughts... in the end to forget about myself.Maybe after all I just want to test myself, to defy life because i love to live. I am too eager on living to the fully and fully means everything... and everything is impossible, so I want to try a bit of all.Maybe I just want to row against the tide, against everybody and everything.Maybe I don't want to realize for what I am going... or maybe I do!Maybe I already did!I thought about everything, about all the possible and imaginary reasons that made me take this decision and just go there without looking back or think in the ones I leave behind me. It came to my mind a wide range of reasons:To loose my identity, not to be recognized by my name, my ancestors, my job, my life...To be one more in the crowd, part of a number and hopefully not part of the statistics.To be there just to help others, to be there just for the others...To be there without having even time for me!To be 100% altruist once in my life.To reallize how life is outside the the silk pink curtains...To see with my own eyes.To experience.To save somebody...To feel the fear.To have flashlight thoughts...To escape death.To be there...To live.To give even more value to life.To want to live even more!To realize that life is a gift that is worth more than some risks I might take...To be once again a "selfish pig" with a pure altruist aim...I don't know... and I think... even better: I am sure! I am sure that the only possible answer to this questions will come to my mind after I have been there. After I lived, after I have experienced... That's why I have to go.It is my Ivory Tower. MY IVORY TOWER!

No comments: