Monday, February 11, 2008

Can’t Get Enough of the Tubes n’ Swings

Again, tubing in Vang Vieng’s claim to fame… and there’s a reason for it. It’s a blast and it never gets old. Joee was new to Vang Vieng so I thought there was nothing better than to christen her with the true Vang Vieng experience on her first full day. Another day of tubing, flying off zipcords and swings from massive heights, meeting new travelers, sand volleyball and… drumroll please… sand soccer! All the futbollers were impressed by my soccer skills. There was even an audience huddled by a campfire watching… one of the girls we were traveling with informed me afterwards that the going consensus was I was the best of the bunch… better than all the guys! Ha! I definitely held my own though… so fun! That evening it was a laid-back dinner with various travelers. Some I knew from before, some Joee knew from before, some we had just met tubing. There’s an instant camaraderie among travelers that isn’t to be matched. If everyone had the same laid-back, easy-going and open attitude that true backpackers have… then, I promise you, this world would never see any war. The only negative is meeting so many quality people… and then having to say goodbye so quickly when each traveler finally goes on their merry, separate way. The only consolation to those quick goodbyes is knowing that you’ll always be received with a warm welcoming from a new family of travelers at each new destination. Well, that and facebook. Facebook lets you keep in touch with EVERYONE.

Joee has video of me doing my thang on the swangs... I need to get them off her camera. I'll upload ASAP.

**Pics and vid are from Joee**




No comments: