Friday, May 25, 2007

Pit Stop


I wish! But I did get to jump in the hot seat of one of the replica Ethanol cars. The one thing that surprised all of us who tried it on for size was just how tight the seat of those cars are molded to the drivers' body. Makes sense, though. Those cars bump and grind - and sometimes roll into a fireball - I wouldn't want to banging around! When I jumped in that seat though, the desire to simply rev the engines and hit the track doing 230+ welled up within me. It's definitely on my list of things to do now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Laura

That's pretty cool - I didn't realize how small the cars are, they fit right around the driver. Last night we read/listened to some of your stories on ethanol. Jake knew all about it from school (the Indy 500 cars running on ethanol) so he thought it was pretty cool too.

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura!
This is your cousin Rachel! I hope you are having fun with your new job! It looks like you are. Make sure you write me about when and where you are!
Have a Great Day!
<3 Rachel