Thursday, May 17, 2007

Queen of the Dance...

Okay, I originally just shared the following story with my mom and one friend... but then another friend sent me a vid out of the blue that just totally corresponded... I thought the coincidence was amusing. So, I've decided to share my little story and the vid:

I just realized what a strange cat I really am... so... I have the black ballet type shoes on... in the studio at work the hard soles kind of clicked when I walked and the sound is great in the studios... so, of course, I had to start tap dancing and see just how fast I could get those clicks in... then I look over... and Derry Brownfield (a top dog at Learfied - owner of Brownfield Ag news) is just pointing at me with his mouth open... like, is this girl possessed?! I couldn't help but chuckle... probably looked like I was having a seizure or something!

When I got back to my desk, I decided it was a goal of mine to enroll in some tap dancing classes. Then, an unknowing friend sent this video out of the blue! The dancers are Fred Astaire and Eleanor Powell. The year: 1940. The narrator's voice is Frank Sinatra's. It was filmed in ONE unedited camera shot. It is considered by many as the best dance scene ever filmed.

No comments: