Sunday, September 2, 2007

A Few Little Treasures Along the Way...

God painted the sky for me during my run today. I rounded a bend that opened to a clearing from the woods and I saw a blazing, fuschia ball emitting a pink-orange glow that melted into an ever-changing, holographic blue sky as it was slowly being swallowed up by the horizon.

Which reminds me... I forgot to mention yesterday that an ivy-green humming bird popped in to say hello. I was bringing Vanilla pup into the house and she lingered behind, so I turned back and was greeted with the whirring of frantic wings and the jerky zig zags of a humming bird. The bird quickly zigged forward into the doorway, then, just as quickly she zagged back out, paused in mid-air as only humming birds can do as if to check out Vanilla, then whirred out of sight.

A "starving musician", j. elliot, dropped by my blog yesterday. Looks like he's new to blogspot. He's the one who gave me the great word: prolegomenon. I checked out his blog to discover an ambition greater than any of those I spelled out yesterday. He'll be creating a new song every week. I have to say, I'm impressed. One line in his first song really struck me: "You can't hold on to nothing if nothing don't want to be held." An obvious truth that I think sometimes we are so quick to ignore...

No comments: