Sunday, September 16, 2007

God Works in Mysterious and Exciting Ways...

I'm in Austin. I've just spent an incredible weekend full of incredible music at the Austin City Limits Music Festival. The people who are hosting me via couchsurfing.com are incredible. The people I've met through them are incredible. All following two incredible trips to Chicago, full of more incredible people.

I still need to write about all of that. Life is moving too fast and I can't keep up! But, right now I really want to share something else.

The mysterious ways God has interwoven this particular friend of mine into my life simply excites me. It may seem small to everyone else, but it means so much to me.

I met Audra in Greece. It was my broadcast professor, Greeley Kyle, who gave me her contact info after I had expressed to him that I wanted to do work that involved more "ministry and service". At the time, Audra was working with a Baptist group in ThessalonĂ­ki. (Writing about that trip is long overdue... and unfortunately must still wait). Aside from being an incredible host in Greece and trekking all over the mainland with me, Audra also offered a lot of guidance in the whole health/breakout issue. She is the one who encouraged me to do the colon cleanse, about which I'm sure most of you have heard me rave. My mom had just starting learning about it from her friend, so the timing of Audra's insight was uncanny.

Since Greece, Audra and I have kept in touch via our emails and our blogs. She is now working for CBN's the 700 Club. Just a couple of days ago I sent out a plea for prayers... for God to simply offer me some guidance in this exciting and seemingly enchanting time in my life right now, with a lot of options going a lot of different ways. I made sure to include Audra on that list because she has always offered me much wisdom. I read her response literally minutes after I read about fasting at a local organic smoothie shop in Austin, TX:

Hey Girl!

Thank you so much for the story idea. Ideas are always appreciated :)
Looks like a fun one too!

I felt like I was in that same place a year ago. I will do some very
heartfelt praying for you. I believe in full-faith that God will
specifically show you which way to turn and then bless your path beyond
your wildest imagination.

Here is something that has always really helped me when making huge
life decisions: try fasting. Even if for a short amount of time...it
always seems to help me clear my head, heart, and get me humble before
God. It's hard to make a wrong turn after you have done those things. I
will try to get you some bible verses together tomorrow when I have
some time. Just pray and ask Him how long you should fast and then He
usually send you some kind of "word" or direction at the end of the
fasting. It has worked in a miraculous way for me, EVERY time. I
usually do a juice or liquid fast, but I have also done a "Daniel" fast
for longer periods--which is fruits and vegtables--there are lots of
options.

I am so proud of you...and FOR you. Life is such an amazing adventure
when you seek HIS will for your life. Remember, He has made you for
something SPECIFIC and He won't let you miss it. He is just as
interested in leading you to it...as you are in finding it :) It's for
HIS glory!!!! Yeah!

Once again, an uncanny timing of great advice from a invaluable friend. For me, instances like these demonstrate God working intimately in my life in a most blatant way... and it's so exciting... seeing that blatant demonstration of God in your life!

Audra also included a prayer request of her own... a sort of "double duty praying" as she put it. She says "some AMAZING 'God' things have been happening lately." She asked for prayers on Oct. 6th. I will most certainly be praying for her and I invite anyone else who is so inclined to join me. I will also be fasting with her in spirit beginning Oct. 3rd.

Interesting date. The plan is for me to cover the Le Mans race in Atlanta beginning the 3rd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, LaLa, that is SO very awesome. God DOES truly put people into our paths at the perfect time. I have experienced that many times. I believe our hearts have to be open to seeing Him work also. So many times we don't see the many miracles happening right before our eyes..or we call them coincidence...I believe that it is God. I will be praying for you..and maybe I will try fasting also.
xox,
Aunt Katy