Tuesday, September 4, 2007

This Love...

I wrote this awhile back and kept it as a draft. I forgot about it and then just found it. Not sure why I didn't just post before...

Don't you see?
I'm your child... begging thee.
If there's one thing that I could want
to be the very thing you want for me
This would be it. This would be it.

My heart says this love
reflects your love.
this love
draws your love
this love
is your love.

But it's too late
it was too late before there was even a chance.
I try to accept
those wrenching things I cannot change
but why do I feel this love
is so intricately tied
to the love you want to reveal to me?

my heart says this love
reflects your love
this love
draws your love
this love
is your love

give me sight to see the truth
give me the strength to face you
to face myself
my personal sacrifice
be it your fingers entwined with mine

can it be?
Abraham killing Isaac?
Peter eating pork?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Laura

I've been reading your blogs, past and present. Poetry, pictures, I enjoy it all. In fact you've even inspired me to blog again myself.

Word o' the day (from my kiddies' vocab lessons):

Mottle. As in, "Cairo's face was mottled in blood."

Safe travels,