Saturday, September 1, 2007

It's Not New Year's...


...but, it is September 1st and I have a few resolutions. I figured I'd post them and then maybe some of you would hold me accountable and nag me every once in a while about them.

1) Post on the blog at least once every day, even if it's just a word. Really, some words are worth posting. Like, quagmire for instance. Btw, it means swamp.

2) Take at least one picture a day. When I wrote this I realized I needed to start today... hence the random picture of my brother's ceramic dragon that he painted. I might as well include the pic-a-day in my post-day.

3) Reestablish my daily run. I always get lazy after soccer season. I'm spoiled by getting to replace my run with soccer, then when soccer ends I don't want to run. I should start training for a marathon again. Well, I've got a long way to go from my meager 2.5 mile run tonight. But, just over a year ago I was running 18 mile runs, so I'm confident I can get there again. Though it will be difficult with my traveling work schedule. We'll see about the marathon right now (though it is on my long term list of things to do)... but, in the ever present now, the daily run is a must.

4) Institute a daily pilates workout. Even if it's just one of those 10 minute ones. Why you ask? Have you seen the crazy strength and balance these pilates people have?? Have you felt their rock hard bodies?? I think pilates is perfect for women who want to get toned without bulking up. I see no reason why I shouldn't be one of them. I'll be doing my pilates workout just after this post.

5) Study for the GRE at least 20 mins a day. I keep talking about how I want to go back to school for graduate studies. Well, I need to knock out the GRE to do that and it's time to stop yapping and start doing. So, I will be following up my pilates workout with GRE study time.

I have many more ambitions, such as shooting a documentary, learning an instrument, kayaking a river, climbing a mountain, learning at least 5 languages, learning to surf, etc... However, I think this is a start. Once the first three become part of the daily routine I can add three and the GRE is short-term, finished when I take it. So that can be replaced with a new goal once its done.

Well... feel free to nag!

1 comment:

j.elliot said...

one starving musician dropped by to say: prolegomenon, that'll suffice for at least two days entries.

j.e.